Its always good to remember somebody so iconic (who eventually lived even after his death) on their birthday anniversary rather than the death anniversary and that what exactly Montegrappa has done .Montegrappa has released the their second “Icon” Series pens and its based on none other than Bruce Lee,the name,the legend,that stays always close to heart.
At the very first look,it has the color(red) and the similar design pattern of Montegrappa Eternal bird. It comes in both Fountain Pen and Rollerball Pen. The Montegrappa Bruce Lee Sterling Silver Fountain Pen costs $5,110 and the Rollerball pen costs $4675.The Gold with Diamonds Rollerball pen costs more than the Gold with diamonds Fountain Pen.Another good news for collectors regarding this pen is that its based on the “The Dragon” pen from Montegrappa that is now only available in the collectors circle. Bruce Lee was also known as “The Dragon” as he was born on the day and the hour of the dragon of Chinese Horoscope.So its another chance for collectors who missed out on the dragon.Especially new collectors ,as the Dragon came out in 1985 and was an instant hit.
Bruce Lee is a legend and there are so many events and fundraisers started in his name every year.
Picture of “Bruce Lee Paradise” park recently opened in China celebrating 70th birth anniversary of BruceLee.
Madame Tussauds also came up with their first wax figure of Bruce Lee in USA at Los Angeles last year commemorating the 70th anniversary of Bruce Lee’s birth
Some Facts about Bruce Lee
- The Lee Surname is derives from the Lee Clan Temple in China in Juan Town.
- Bruce Lee created his own martial art form Jeet Kune Do
- Lee studied Philosophy at the University of Washington.
- Bruce was the 4th child of the 7 children
- He started learning martial arts at the age of 13 from master Yip Man(by the way IPMan part 1 and part 2 is a must watch movie )
That’s Bruce Lee’s Daughter Shannon and Grand Daughter Wren. What a proud descendants.
Montegrappa has announced that it will produce a total of 2010 pieces consisting of the following
- 888 sterling silver fountain pens
- 888 sterling silver roller balls
- 88 solid yellow gold fountain pens
- 88 solid yellow gold roller balls
- 8 fountain pens in solid yellow gold with black diamonds
- 8 roller balls in solid yellow gold with black diamonds
- 8 fountain pens in solid yellow gold with rubies
- 8 roller balls in solid yellow gold with rubies
- 8 fountain pens in solid yellow gold with emeralds
- 8 roller balls in solid yellow gold with emeralds
The pen also features a body and cap made of red celluloid with black veining, referred to as "cinnamon." Topping the cap is the yin-yang symbol, representing balance.
The cap and the barrel are both embraced by exquisitely carved dragons, their eyes highlighted by rubies on the sterling silver version and by matching precious stones on the fully-encrusted versions.
Just like the Montegrappa Muhammad Ali Special Edition the nib of this pen has the famous stance of Bruce Lee ,extending his fist and foot suspended in air.
The Bruce Lee was officially inaugurated in Singapore Last month.I was talking to the Rep of Montegrappa and he said that Sylvester Stallone has been just signed to be the brand ambassador for Montegrappa. Now this is going to be fun “The living icon to promote the iconic series”.No one can do a better job.
Montegrappa Icons Dragon Bruce Lee Gold w/ Diamonds Fountain Pen and Rollerball pen.
Think Black/Red Bruce Lee Limited Edition Pen“As you think, so shall you become” .These words from Bruce Lee sounds perfect for Think pens .The next of Bruce Lee pen is the Think’s Bruce Lee Pen.Pen Boutique is carrying both the Think Bruce Lee Fountain Pen and the Think Bruce Lee Rollerball Pen.
Call us at 18002632736 for special pricing for both Montegrappa and Think Bruce Lee pen