Limited to 375 unmistakably pieces of fountain pens
Fascinating legend of the British Hero, the Graf Von Faber-Castell introduces Knight Arthur's unique masterpieces in the form of writing instrument for the year 2021!
The Pen of the Year 2021 is inspired by medieval knights, their heroes, myths and legends. In those days, the strongest prevailed, therefore skillful sword fighting and the nature of his weapons played a central role in a knight’s life.
To forge the knightly swords, medieval smiths used Damascus steel, which was regarded as particularly hard while being flexible. Its extraordinary properties are achieved through repeated welding and folding of different types of steel, which also produces the typical iridescent surface.
It is thanks to this feature that every one of the 375 fountain pens and 125 rollerball pens in this limited Pen of the Year edition is truly unique.
Refilling Instruction for POY 2021 Fountain Pens. Match with the pen diagram mentioned below:
1. Remove the cap (1) from the barrel (4) by turning the barrel (4) counterclockwise.
2. Remove the end cap (6) from the back of the barrel (4) by twisting it counterclockwise.
3. To fill the pen with ink, make sure the plunger mechanism (5) is in the filling position. Twist the plunger mechanism (5) clockwise then counterclockwise – watching it move in the ink window (3). Turn the plunger mechanism (5) clockwise until it is completely down towards the nib/front piece (2).
4. Dip the nib/front piece (2) down into the Faber-Castell Ink bottle (7) and turn the plunger mechanism (5) counterclockwise to pull the ink up into the reservoir. Wipe excess ink from the nib/front piece (2) with a soft clean cloth/towel and begin writing.
5. When not in use, return the cap (1) to the barrel (4) by twisting it onto the barrel (4). Store horizontally or with the nib/front piece (2) in an upright position.
Special Order. No Returns
100% No-Risk Money-Back Guarantee
|Brand||Graf von Faber-Castell|
|Cap Mechanism||Screw Cap|
The exclusive, individually numbered writing instruments come in a highly polished black wooden case (end consumer brochure included).
An additional inlay offers space for 6 more writing instruments.
A certificate signed by Count Charles of Faber-Castell attests to the authenticity of the limited edition.
|Dimensions||5.4" L X 0.6" D|
|Filling Mechanism||Plunger mechanism|
|Grip Material||Leather Strap|
|Length Capped||5.4" L|
|Length Posted||7.1" L|
|Nib Color||Ruthenium coated|
|Nib Material||Magnum sized 18 carat gold|
|Refills & Inks||Graf von Faber-Castell Bottled Ink|
|Series||Graf Von Faber-Castell Pen of the Year|
The writing instrument’s end piece is adorned with a red, faceted garnet with sunray cut which is particularly impressive.
The “heraldic cross” adorns the top of the cap of the Pen of the Year and in the Middle Ages was considered a symbol of hope.
The end pieces on the writing instruments’ cap and barrel are modelled on the battlements of a knight’s castle.
The shape of the fountain pen is reminiscent of a spear. Two grooves on either side, similar to the blood grooves on a knight’s blade, give this Pen of the Year its unique, elegant outline.
Ink viewing window
|Trims||Titanium PVD coated|
|Warranty||Guarantee period of 24 months, starting with the date of purchase. T & C Applied.|